TRAINING WORDPRESS Geneva, Zürich and Vaud
Our training on WordPress CMS
Anyone wanting to build a web site using WordPress.
1 Creating a website
- Registering a domain name.
- Finding a host for your site.
- Defining the sites tree structure.
- Organising content.
- Structuring the navigation.
2 Designing pages
- Learning the basics of HTML.
- Offering quality content.
- Creating the pages for your site.
3 Installing and using WordPress
- Software download
- Running the installation.
- Using the dashboard.
- Setting general options.
- Setting and configuring media.
- Adding and managing extensions.
- Choosing the theme for the site: graphic design, typography and colours.
4 Enhancing content
- Creating articles and pages.
- Choosing the name and a slogan.
- Setting the categories.
- Adding key words.
5 Preparing and incorporating images
- Image formats (PNG, GIF, JPEG).
- Collecting and editing images.
- Relationship between dimensions / size and loading speed.
6 Inserting hyperlinks
- Hyperlinks between the pages of your site.
- Hyperlinks to other sites.
- Hyperlinks to email.
- Hyperlinks to PDFs, audio or video.
7 Completing and enhancing the website
- Managing themes.
- Improving site usability.
- Managing user accounts.
- Advanced setup for themes.
- On line testing
Participants should feel comfortable using a computer, and be proficient on the internet and with website features.
This WordPress course, which is based on realistic simulation exercises and a comparison of different practices, will equip participants with techniques that can be used directly.
Course diploma / certificate
A certificate is obtained at the conclusion of the WordPress course.
Similar types of training courses:
Our trainings can be provided tailor-made for your organization or organized in-company.
Are you looking for an in-company training? Download our training catalog.
If you are rather interested in tailored training…
Please fill in the form below, we will gladly give you more information about our tailored trainings:
All our courses can be delivered in English, French, German, Swiss German, Italian, or Spanish.
All our services are available in Switzerland: Geneva, Zürich, Vaud, Neuchâtel, Fribourg and Valais.