TRAINING WORD: LARGE DOCUMENTS Geneva, Zürich and Vaud
Our course on large documents in Microsoft Word
Open to everyone.
1 Getting started: creating a document
- Analysing information so that you can handle it properly.
- Identifying objectives.
- Identifying the characteristics of the document to be produced.
- Deciding on the key messages to be conveyed.
- Preparing the plan.
2 Learning the rules about layout and typography
- Measuring the impact of the layout on reading ability.
- Identifying the features that facilitate quick reading.
- Setting effective document margins.
- Applying typographic rules.
- Balancing presentation of the text and the space between words and lines.
- Positioning illustrations (diagrams, graphs, forms, photos and images).
3 Mastering structured documents in Word 2007/2010
- Working with styles and the navigation pane.
- Formatting and automatically numbering headings.
- Adding a cover page.
- Generating and customising a table of contents.
- Setting the headers and footers.
- Managing page breaks: keeping paragraphs and lines together, widowed and orphan lines, etc.
- Making the document easier to read on screen.
4 Mastering useful Word automatisms for elaborate documents
- Mastering the concept of sections and managing section breaks.
- Combining layouts in a single document: portrait or landscape.
- Creating a two-sided document: managing odd and even pages.
- Inserting bookmarks and cross-references.
- Inserting footnotes or endnotes.
- Creating a key-word index.
- Using fields to display variable information: displaying the current chapter name in the header or footer, the name of the author, etc.
5 Using time-saving tools
- Using a template for each type of document.
- Creating style sets and assigning keyboard shortcuts.
- Saving Quick Parts content blocks for re-use in any document
Routine use of basic Word.
This course on managing large documents in Word, which is based on realistic simulation exercises and a comparison of different practices, will equip participants with techniques that can be used directly.
Course diploma / certificate
A certificate is obtained at the conclusion of the course on large Documents in Word.
Similar types of training courses:
- Training Introduction to Word (Geneva, Zürich and Vaud)
- Training Word Tables (Geneva, Zürich and Vaud)
- Training Advanced Word (Geneva, Zürich and Vaud)
- Training Introduction to Excel (Geneva, Zürich and Vaud)
- Training Advanced Excel (Geneva, Zürich and Vaud)
- Training Excel pivot tables (Geneva, Zürich and Vaud)
- Training PowerPoint (Geneva, Zürich and Vaud)
- Training Outlook (Geneva, Zürich and Vaud)
- Training New features in Office 2013 (Geneva, Zürich and Vaud)
Our trainings can be provided tailor-made for your organization or organized in-company.
Are you looking for an in-company training? Download our training catalog.
If you are rather interested in tailored training…
Please fill in the form below, we will gladly give you more information about our tailored trainings:
All our courses can be delivered in English, French, German, Swiss German, Italian, or Spanish.
All our services are available in Switzerland: Geneva, Zürich, Vaud, Neuchâtel, Fribourg and Valais.