TRAINING INTRODUCTION TO EXCEL Geneva and Vaud
The goals of this introduction to Excel course (Geneva and Vaud) are:
To master the main functions of Excel 2013 so that you can independently create, format, layout and print tables; to master basic calculations; to use the graphics tool and benefit from the new wizard for choosing the type of chart you want to create.
Open to everyone.
Participants must have attended a course on Windows or have equivalent knowledge.
This introduction to Excel course, which is based on realistic simulation exercises and a comparison of different practices, will equip participants with techniques that can be used directly.
Programme for the introduction to Excel course
Getting started with Excel 2013
- Exploring the new start-up interface
- The ribbon – tabs
- Full-screen mode
- Exploring the File tab with the new Backstage view
- Quick access toolbar
- Context menus
- Using the dialog box launcher
Managing workbooks in Excel 2013
- Opening / saving / saving as
- Sending a workbook by mail as a PDF
- Displaying a table on-line using the internet
- Sharing via SkyDrive or SharePoint
Entering, validating and changing data
- Entering and validating data
- Modifying cells
- Selecting cell ranges
- Using the fill handle
- Inserting / deleting rows, columns and cells
- Copying / cutting / pasting rows, columns and cells
Formatting in Excel 2013
- Home tab: font / alignment / number
- Reproducing formatting
- Cell styles
- Conditional formatting (using the rapid analysis tool)
Calculation formulas in Excel 2013
- Using AutoSum
- Structuring a calculation formula using a function
- Creating a formula using mathematical operators (+ – * /)
- Using other functions (Average, Count, Max., Min.)
- Re-copying a calculation formula
- Cells: relative or absolute
Layout in Excel 2013
- Applying themes
- Adjusting the document layout for printing (Preview, Orientation, Margin, Scaling)
- Creating headers and footers
Managing sheets in a workbook
- Tabbing (inserting, copying/moving, naming and deleting a spreadsheet)
Generating charts in Excel 2013
- Principles and tips for creating charts
- Using the recommended charts function
- Customising a chart
- Using Sparklines (mini charts positioned in individual cells)
- Animating charts (TimeLine, Slicers)
Course diploma / certificate
A certificate is obtained at the conclusion of the Introduction to Excel course.
Similar types of training courses:
Training Introduction to Word (Geneva and Vaud)
Training Advanced Word (Geneva and Vaud)
Training Word: large documents (Geneva and Vaud)
Training Word tables (Geneva and Vaud)
Training Advanced Excel (Geneva and Vaud)
Training Excel pivot tables (Geneva and Vaud)
Training PowerPoint (Geneva and Vaud)
Training Outlook (Geneva and Vaud)
Training New features in Office 2013 (Geneva and Vaud)
Our trainings can be provided tailor-made for your organization or organized in-company.
Are you looking for an in-company training? Download our training catalog.
If you are rather interested in tailored training…
Please fill in the form below, we will gladly give you more information about our tailored trainings:
All our courses can be delivered in English, French, German, Swiss German, Italian, or Spanish.
All our services are available in Switzerland’s French-speaking cantons: Geneva, Vaud, Neuchâtel, Fribourg and Valais.